Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Asking and Giving Something



Expression of "Asking & Giving Something"

1. To ask for things, we can use the following sentences:
- Can I…., please?
- May I…., please?
- Can you…., please?
2. To give the things, we can use the following sentences:
- Here you are.
- Here it is.
- Okay
- Sure.
- Certainly
- Of Course.
- I would be glad/happy to ........

3. To refuse to give the things, we can use the following sentences:
- I’m sorry. I’m using it.
- Not now. I’m using it. Sorry.
- Not now. I’m using them. Sorry
- Sorry, I’m using it right now.
- Sorry, I’m using them right now.

4. To show our gratitude, we can use the following sentences:
- Thanks.
- Thanks a lot
- Thank you
- Thank you very much

5. To answer the gratitude expression, we can use the following sentences:
- You're welcome
- It's OK
- My pleasure
- No problem
- Don't mention it

Examples of the dialogue:
1. A : Can I borrow your pen, please?
    B : Sure, here you are.
    A : Thank you very much.
2. X : May I borrow bag , please?
    Y : Sorry, I’m using it right now.
    X : It’s okay
3. A : Can you help me carry these books?
    B : Certainly.
    A : Thanks a lot.
4. X : Can you turn on the lamp, please?
    Y : All right, sir.
    X : Thanks
5. A : May I use your text book, please?
    B : Of course, here it is.
    A : Thank you.

Note:
1. Can I have ……, please?
    Ex: Can I have a board marker, please?
    (artinya : benda yang diminta tidak dikembalikan)
2. Can you lend me your pencil, please?
    Borrow: meminjam (Can I borrow……, please?)
    Lend : meminjamkan (Can you lend me ……., please?)

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment