Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

We're not in Love

I've heard tales of people suddenly realizing that they are in love with their friend. This poem is about the opposite of that experience - It is about my experience with someone who I knew as my lover and then realized that while our relationship would never work, I had found a friend I would cherish forever.

We're Not In Love
by Tina K

So often people say they found their lover in their friend.
I just have to wonder if they?ve found a means to fit their end.
I thought I knew you for so long, but now I?ve come to see
That this man is a stranger, and you don?t remember me.
For the first time in my life I wanted someone I could keep-
To treasure me both heart and soul, to hold me in my sleep.
When I saw you I was overjoyed, my search at last concluded,
Who knew that I would come to find that I was just deluded?
Because as we grew together something still kept us apart,
I have your body and your mind, but I?ll never have your heart.
And I still wish that we could have that true love and forever,
But reality stole my happy ending, leaving me with never.
And if you asked, what would I say?
Would I dare to throw it all away?
Would yes be right? Or is it no?
But we never ask, so on we go.
And still I know that in the end,
You?re not my lover but my friend.
This is the truth that I despise
When I suddenly realize:
We?re not in love.

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment