Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

THE WONDERFUL SEEDS

THE WONDERFUL SEEDS

NO PEOPLE lived in the wood. How could they? The wood was full of wild animals, and the animals were always hungry. It was not a good place for people to live.

As well as wild animals, the ind of the wood lived there. He was not like the animals. He was kind and good.

There was a village near the wood. In the village there lived and old woman and her son. They were very poor. They had no money at all. They had only a garden, and a cow.

One day the old woman said to her son, "We never have meat. We never have fish. We never have rice. Let us sell the cow, Son. Take her into the town, and sell her. Buy some rice with the money, and meat and fish, and come back home quickly."

The she said, "Be very careful. Remember that there are wild animals in the wood. Go as fast as you can."

Her son left the house early the next morning. He got the cow safely through the wood, and he sold her in the town. He bought food with the money. Then he started walking home again.

As he walked through the wood, he saw an old man on the ground. The boy spoke to the old man. He said, "What is wrong, Old Man? Why are you lying on this cold wet path?"

"I have hurt my legs," the old man said. "Please carry me back to my home. It is on top of the hill," and he pointed to a hill which was not far away.

The young man put down the food he was carrying and took the old man back to his house. When he got there he was very tired. He sat down to rest and talk.

"Who are you, Old Man?" he asked, "and why do you live in this wood, all by yourself?"

"I am king of this wood," the old man said. "I am not like you. I make magic. That is why I live by myself." Then he went on, "You helped me when I was hut. That was brave of you, for I know you are frightened of my wood. take these seeds and plant them. They will grow big. The will grow into trees made of gold."

The young man took the seeds, and thanked the king. Then he went home. But when he got home his mother was not pleased with him. She was very cross!

"Where is the rice and the food that you bought?" she asfked. "Where did you leave them? Why do you talk about golden trees? Who has ever heard of a golden tree?" and she threw the seeds out of the window!

The next morning when the boy woke up, he could not think where he was. "This cannot be my bedroom," he said. "The sun shines into my room in the morning. This room is dark." Then he looked out of the window to see where he was.

It was his own house! But the garden was different. In the night, while he was sleeping, the seeds had grown big. They had grown into trees. And the trees were gold!

How happy they were. Now they could buy meat for their dinner and fish when they like it. They had rice and fine fruit. They had all that they wanted.

They were kind to the others, too. They gave food away; they took care of poor people. Everyone loved them.

All except one man. He hated the old woman and his son. He wanted their money; he wanted their golden trees. He wanted them all for himself.

One morning he took his own cow to the town, and he sold her. On his way home he met an old man who lay on the ground.

"My legs," said the old man, "I have hurt them. Please carry me back to my home on the hill."

"Give me some seeds," said the man from the village. "Give me some seeds, or else I won't carry you. I will leave you here, and the wild animals will eat you!"

"Very well," said the old man. "The seeds are in my house. When we get there, you shall have them."

When at last they got to the old man's house, he gave the village man the seeds he had asked for.

The Village man did not stop to say, "Thank you." He ran home and he planted them.

  Early the next morning he woke up and he looked out of his window. His seeds had grown. They had grown very big. They were great wild animals. His garden was full of them!

They showed him their teeth. They made terrible noises.

He ran away from them, as hard as he could. He ran and he ran. He never stopped running. And that was the last that anyone saw of him!

But the people of the village did not mind. The were happy. They had good food to eat. it was a golden time for all of them.

from google

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment