Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Best Love Poems

What is a love poem? Is it necessarily a poem about romantic love? About romance? Marriage and commitment? Or is a love poem something else entirely?

In a recent short story I wrote, a writer is told by a young critic that he doesn't understand love. "It's neither noble nor eternal, as you would have your audience believe," she says.

"Nobody understands love," the writer admits. "It seems to be Universal. Timeless. Yet, it's also very individual, filtered by our own lives and expectations. I don't understand love, and can't understand love, because it's a different thing for each of us."

These love poems are Universal. Timeless. And yet very much a different thing for each of us. We hope you enjoy them...
Let the countdown begin.
I have been married twice, had two families and four children, and now I am divorced again. I could not believe that any one would ever be able to have the key to my heart again, but someone found me on the Net. She lives out of state, but she has came down to visit me. And she knows what I am going through right now. I have nothing, and yet she cares - about who I am and not what I have.Always hold your head up high, for true love will never pass you by.
My Heart Believes In You
by Stewart Bradshaw

I kept my head up high,
and then you came my way.
I have been hurt so many times.
My heart filled with so much pain.
but now that pain has gone away.
For I have found a place I want to be.
This place I see is with thee.
For in your arms I have felt and seen,
a wonderful feeling that I cannot believe.
A safe haven in your arms just for me.
Now I give my heart to thee.
For my heart believes in you.

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment