Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Asking and giving something.


Asking and giving something.
A couple go to the shopkeeper to ask something.
Robert : excuse me.
Shopkeeper : yes. Can I help you?
Kristen : may I have a blue shirt with the design like this red one, please?
Shopkeeper : yes, of course. I think we still have it in the storehouse. Please wait a minute.
Robert : yes, thank you.
After a while, the shopkeeper is back.
Shopkeeper : here you are, sir.
Robert : thank you.
Shopkeeper : would you also like a hat, sir? There are several colours, including blue.
Robert : no, thank you. I don’t like wearing a hat. But we’re very interested in buying some souvenirs you have.
Kristen : yes, the souvenirs are very pretty. By the way, we’ll pay the shirt later along with the souvenirs, if you don’t mind.
Shopkeeper : not at all. Please.

Asking and giving information.

Selena and Taylor are in zoo, looking at some birds in the cages.
Taylor : what’s so special about the birds? Tell me about them.
Selena : of course, most birds can fly.
Taylor : do you know that birds can fly?
Selena : hmmm, ostriches, emus, and the bird from Papua …… what’s its name?
Taylor : oh cassowary, right?
Selena : yeah, that’s right. Why are you asking? Do you like birds too?
Taylor : sure, birds are beautiful. I like peacocks very much.
Selena : peacocks? With their fanlike tails, right? I like them too.


Asking and giving information.
Mr. Lester is on a summer vocation in a town. He is trying to get to the bank but he doesn’t know how. He is asking someone for the information.
Mr. Lester : excuse me, do you know where the first national bank is, madam?
Mrs. Summer : yes. Just go straight down this road and the bank is on your right, sir!
Mr. Lester : thank you very much, madam. By the way, can you tell me how to get the subway station from the bank?
Mrs. Summer : sure, you have to take the no. 12 bus and get off in Burbank street. The subway station is there.
Mr. Lester : are you sure? As far as I know the guide book informs us that we have to take the no. 14 bus.
Mrs. Summer : you’re right. I confused the no. 14 bus with the no. 12 one.
Mr. Lester : thank you, madam. Have a pleasant day.
Mrs. Summers : you’ve very welcome, sir.


| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment